Saturday, January 7, 2017

Baking Gru's house with Minions

Hey! I wish you a Very Happy New Year

I hope you had wonderful Holidays, and if you baked like me the whole time, 
I think we all wish to have a good rest now. :) 

OMG last year it was a really busy season for me, (you could guess, that is why I haven't been posting lately) I changed my workplace, and I have a financial office job again, so baking got back to my hobby again... 

But I still bake a lot, like every weekend, I even took some photos of them, just I missed to upload them, sorry. However, you can follow some of them on our Facebook page. ;) 

I baked a lot for Christmas, too, lots of cookies, islers, linzers, gingerbread and yes... A Gingerbread house. A really special one, I baked Gru's house! :D




I didn't bake it for myself, I participated in a community program for the City, where everyone brings her/his self-baked gingerbread house, and we build together a Gingerbread village in the center of Budapest. 
Then everyone who visits it can admire the beautiful little village for free of charge untill 29-January-2017. So if you are in Budapest, you can go, it is in the Bálna Shopping mall, in the exhibition hall. :)

Unfortunately this year I made a mistake, and the house couldn't be in 3D as I forgot to mirror my house - stencil , so I could not build up the house with its 4 walls and roofs, so I made it to 2D. That is why we had 2 houses all together :D

SO let's bake!

I drew the house walls and roofs on paper, then I cut them. I used them on my gingerbread dough to cut the forms. 

I even drew Gru himself as I only have Minions cutter at home. :)


I baked many Minions, too.








Then we went to the exhibition hall, where we placed our houses to the rest of them. We got some fake-grass and snow to create a magical village feeleing. :) 



If you are interested in the other gingerbreadhouses from our village you can follow this link: 

xoxo: Hajni


  

No comments :

Post a Comment