Sunday, August 16, 2015

Cottage cheese Cake with nectarine


Hi Dears,
I have 2 months till my final exam at my pastry school, and I still have some pastries, cakes, and creams to practice.
Last week I baked two of them, neros (which are little soft biscuits filled with jam - you can have the recipe in my following post) and this Cottage cheese cake. 
We celebrated my fiancé's grandma's Name Day as well, so the cake was my gift to her. :)
I am short in time as now I have a full time job, and at home we are under a home renovation. 
If I had more time I would cover the cake side with cream and maybe cover it with almonds, it would make the cake even more beautiful and would give a finished look. Anyway, I didn't bake it, just to look at it, we cut it right away, I took it from the fridge, and believe me it was tasty! In this hot summer it was great refreshment as we cooled it for 3 hours in the fridge.
Ingredients:

for the sponge:
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 60 g of sugar
  • 75 g of flour
for the cream:

  • 300 g of cottage cheese
  • 5 dl of whipped cream
  • 100 g of icing sugar
  • grated peel of  a lemon
  • 10 g of gelatine 
for decoration on the top
  • 3-4 nectarines
  • 25 g gelatine or cake gelatine 
  • 250 g water
  • 50 g sugar
  • 1 tsp of lemon juice
Preparation:
1. Firstly, make the sponge. For that whisk the egg whites with a spoon of sugar.

2. Then whisk the egg yolks too with the rest of the sugar.

3. Gently stir in the yolks in the egg foam.

4. Sift the flour into the mixture.

5. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.

6. Grease a circle shaped baking mold, sift a little flour in it, and pour the mixture in.

7. Put it in the oven, and bake it for 11-12 minutes, until it gets golden brown.

8. For the cream whip the cream, then stir the sugar and the grated lemon peel in it. Add some spoonful of water to the gelatine, leave it for 5 minutes, then heat it a bit, till it becomes liquid. Pour it to the cream while you stir it continuously. Lastly, add the cottage cheese and stir them to get a homogeneous cream. 

9. Pour the cream onto the sponge cake. (You should use a mold with high rim) Put it in the fridge.

10. Wash and slice the nectarines. Place the slices on the cake, starting from the outer side of the cake to the inner point, like the petals of a rose.

11. Add the gelatine to the water, pour a little lemon juice in it, and leave it for 5 minutes like before, then heat it up, until it gets liquid state.

12. Pour it on the nectarine, you can use a brush to fill the gaps.

13. Put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or a night then you can serve it.



No comments :

Post a Comment