Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Isler Cake

Hi Dears!
It's the end of March already? 
So much had happened since I last wrote here...
For example we had 3 birthday and 4 namedays to celebrate, for which I had to bake of course... :D 
I have 8-10, I don't really know for sure, how much, but I have a lot recipes to share with You! :) 
Another big happening in my life was to finish my internship in the Caffé I was trained for 5 months. Normally people would have a small break now, but me? Why would I? I'm starting tomorrow my extra internship in the hotel I was working before, as a receptionist, only now I will be confectioner trainee. :) 
But let's get back to this cake. This is my own idea, a revolutionary, to use the Isler pastry to make a cake.
We celebrated my Grandpa's 83th birthday. For this occasion I baked 2 cakes, and 3 different kinds of salty snacks. (You will see them in the following posts. :) )

Ingredients:
  • 300 g = 1 + 1/5 cup of flour
  • 200 g = 4/5 cup of margarine / butter
  • 100 g of castor sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • vanilla sugar (1 tbsp)
  • grated peel of a lemon
  • mixed fruit jam
  • melted dark chocolate

Preparation:
1. Mix the flour with the margarine. Knead them together, then add the rest of the ingredients to it, (except the jam, and the chocolate) of course. Knead it until it becomes a homogeneous dough-ball.

2. Cover it with foil and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.

3. Sprinkle castor sugar on a board and roll the half of the dough out, and with the help of a plate, cut out circles. I cut 6 big circles to the base of the cake, and many more regular size small biscuits.


 Cut one of the big circles to slices. It will be on the top of the cake for decoration. 


4. Place them on papered baking trays, and in preheated oven, bake them on 180 degree C for about 12 minutes / tray.


5. Crush, mash the jam, and fill the biscuits with it.

 Layer this between the bigger isler biscuits as well. Attention, the bigger ones crack easily, so take care them, when placing them on each other.







6. Then melt the chocolate on steam, or in the microwave-oven, and dip the little islers into it, and let them dry. For the big isler cake, spread the chocolate on the top, and on the sides as well. Spread chocolate on the cake slices as well.


7. With jam decorate the top of the cake, then place the slices on it in diagonally. (I get this idea from the traditional Dobos cake, only that is covered with caramel)



8. Place one little isler on the top, and place them on the sides as well.

9. I melted white chocolate as well, and decorated the cake with it.



I hope You like it, we did! :D
xoxo: Hajni



No comments :

Post a Comment