Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Macaron challenge


 Hi Dears!
As You might know, I am not a macaron expert. 
I tried it a few times, the first became something totally different from a real macaron (pictures here), and the next was kind of a disaster (story here). 
But I found an easy-looking recipe on a Hungarian blog StreetKitchen
She makes it in a so easy way, I had to try it once more. I wanted to bake it for Valentine's Day for my fiancé.
The only question is, will I manage this challenge now? :D 



Here's a little video I made...
Ingredients:
  • 150 g = 3/5 cup of ground walnut (or almond)
  • 150 g = 3/5 cup of powdered sugar
  • 150 g = 3/5 cup of granulated sugar
  • 2* 55 g egg white
  • food coloring
  • 38 g of water 
  • -----
  • for the filling:
  • dark chocolate 1 bar
  • 100 g of cream

Preparation:
1. Grind the walnut, and sift it with the powdered sugar.

2. Mix the sugar with the water, and boil it up, until it reaches syrup consistency.


3. Whisk one of the portions of the egg whites until hard, then gently pour the sugar syrup to it.

4. Mix the other portion of egg white with the ground elements.
5. Color the whisking egg whites with food colors.
6. Then, carefully stir together the two mixtures.

7. Fill a decorating bag with it, and form circles on papered baking trays.



8. I sprinkled the top with pink sprinkles.
9. Let it dry for about 1 hour. The upper shell should be completely dry when you put it to the oven. It should be preheated to 150 degree C.
10. Bake them for about 12-15 minutes. It's only ready if you can grab the whole self from the paper in one piece.
11. For the filling, just heat up the chocolate to 40 degree, and mix it with the cream, then cool them down. It will be thicker after it cooled down. You can fill the macaron shells with a decorating bag. 


For me, I overbaked the first tray of macarons, you can see on the color.

The second has nice color, but most of them has a little crash line on top... 

I think the way of baking is the reason of it. We would need convection oven.

Anyway, they taste really good, and my Honey was happy to get them like this. :)


If You have a really good, and easy macaron recipe, please share it for me. :D

Bye!
Hajni


No comments :

Post a Comment