Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chocolate bread - Christmas style

Hi Dears, 
Christmas is almost here...
I don't know how You feel about it, but for me, December pasted really fast.
This used to be my favorite month of the Year , as I love preparing for the Holidays. 
I always create something hand.made for my family.
 Usually, a painted postcard, or a necklace, or I decorate a wooden box with napkin. Last year I edited photos and placed them on magic mugs. Do you know them? They are so funny, from the outside they look simple, 1 color-mug, but when you pour hot liquid in them, the pictures will be shown. 
This year, as I'm in the confectioner industry I will create many.many cookies and sweets and pack them nicely.
But now, I brought You a special Christmas dessert
This time, here in Hungary the Fruit-bread is really popular, which tastes like a pound cake with dry fruits in it, just the shape is different. 
My family doesn't like dry fruits. What do they like? Chocolate of course!
 So, I created a special version of the sweet bread.
Ingredients:
  • 50 g = 1/5 cup of lukewarm margarine/butter
  • 100 g = 2/5 cup of sugar
  • 5 egg yolks and egg whites
  • 150 g = 3/5 cup of flour
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
  • 1 tbsp of grated lemon peel
  • 2 tbsp of candied orange peel
  • 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut
  • 2 tbsp of grounded walnut
  • 100 g = 2/5 cup of chocolate pastilles
  •  jam + sugar in  the end

Preparation:
1. The most important in every fruit breads, that firstly, you have to start with whisking the margarine with the sugar to reach a creamy consistency. 

2. After that 1 by 1 add the egg yolks to the mixture.
3. Whisk the egg whites to have a tough foam.

4. Then add all the other ingredients, except the flour with the baking powder to the margarine mixture. Before that, I mixed the extra ingredients, like the orange peel,walnut, etc..
 -->


 (I took out some of  the mixture into another bowl, and I added the cocoa only to one of the mixture, to have two different mixtures)

5. Then gently stir the foam into the mixture.
6. Lastly, sieve the flour with the baking powder into the mixture, and stir them together gently.
7. Place baking papers into tunnel baking molds.
8. Pour the dough on the papers. 

9. Then add more chocolate pastilles on the surface of the dough.

(I poured the chocolate mixture on the top)

10. Put them in a preheated oven, and bake them for about 35-40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
11. When they are ready, uncover them from the paper. 

Boil peach jam while you stir it continuously, and lubricate the surface of the breads.

12. Lastly, sprinkle it with castor sugar.

They are super soft, and chocolaty, and yummy. Perfect for the Holidays! 
Merry Christmas! 


xoxo: Hajni


No comments :

Post a Comment