Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Isler


Hi Guys! :) 
I brought You, a nice recipe today, that is one of my favorite.
It was even more special as I baked it for my loved Fiancé's birthday. ♥

We usually celebrate on the weekends with the family with the actual birthday cake, but what happens if the Big Day is on a weekday? I just had to bake something for him, right? :D 

Plus, I have news for You! I am working in a real café & confectionery now as a trainee. I baked these before that,3 weeks ago and now (as I dipped more than 1000 little islers into chocolate I found mine really unprofessional, but still they were super tasty!)  Next time I bake it, I will bring more photos to change these. :D 
Ingredients:

  • 300 g= 1 + 1/5 cup of flour
  • 200 g = 4/5 cup of butter/margarine
  • 100 g= 2/5 cup of icing sugar
  • 50 g = 1/5 cup of minced walnut
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 lemon (grated peel)
  • + peach jam
  • + 1 bar of dark chocolate

Preparation:
1. Firstly, knead together the flour with the butter well.

2. When it's ready you can add all the ingredients to the dough, and mix together. You will get a nice smooth dough ball.

3. Let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

4. Then roll it out, to 0.5 cm high and cut out circle shapes. (I made a giant one with a bowl , that was the "birthday Isler" :) )


5. Place them on a greased baking tray, and bake them in preheated oven for about 12 minutes on 180 degree C.

6. Then fill them with jam, sandwich pairs of them, and finally, dip them into melted chocolate.






 (Here's the giant birthday isler with the Happy Birthday wishing note in Hungarian. :) I even baked a gingerbread house for him, recipe is coming soon! :) )

xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment