Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bounty Cookie


Hi Dears! :)
Do You have a plan for the summer? I know You will work, we all do, but any plans for a vacation? 
This Bounty cookie reminds me of summertime, as Coconut, palm-trees grow in Mediterranean areas, just where people usually go for a summer vacation.   
I always wanted to go far away, to a hidden spot, preferably near a lake, surrounded by hills or mountains. 



Lake Balaton is the number 1 holiday region in Hungary, (the second biggest lake in Europe) but as a Hungarian girl I know the area by heart, I had my summer camps, vacations there almost every year, I even worked there for a whole summer season in a hotel. 

So, a couple of years ago I decided to find new relaxing places for the usual 1-week-rest of the year. 
We (me and my fiancé) tried the 2nd biggest lake in Hungary, Tisza-lake and it's area, which was really cool. Although it was far from the bigger cities, there were enough possibilities to hang out. There are concerts, funfairs, and electric water-sport facilities. 
(We were in Abádszalók, I can only recommend it)

For another time I found a really little piece of heaven, a hidden camp in Arló. The place was beautiful, with a clear lake, surrounded by cute fishermen cottages, and with hills. But besides the stunning countryside the village doesn't have any tourist facilities, not even a restaurant. We were ordering pizzas from the next town, but all together that was my favourite holiday, running away from the everyday hustle of the city. :)  



 I don't know yet where we will go this year, but I'm working on it. As I'm in the hotel business I am always the one who prepare our holidays. :)

So let's see now the Bounty Cookie's recipe! 

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 g = 4/5 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of  vanilla sugar
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 0,5 dl = 1/5 cup of oil
  • 100 g = 2/5 cup of desiccated coconut
  • 1 dl = 2/5 cup of boiled water
  • 400 g = 8/5 cup of flour
  • + 50 g = 1/5 cup of desiccated coconut (to the top , as decoration)
  • + one bar of dark and white chocolate

Preparation:

1. Beat up the eggs, and mix it with the sugar and with the vanilla sugar.
2. Pour the boiled water on 1/5 cup of desiccated coconut.
3. Now mix all the ingredients, except of the chocolates, and except of the 50 g of coconut.

4. Cut the bars of chocolate to cubes, and stir it into the pastry.



5. Make small balls of the pastry, then press them down, make them bigger and thinner. Then sprinkle the top with the rest of the desiccated coconut.

6. Place them on a baking sheet, and bake them for about 15 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.

Enjoy, and have a great summer! :)

xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment