Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Frankfurter Croissant

Hey Guys! :)I hope You are doing and feeling fine! 
I'm happy to announce that I am busy again. (The reason is that I finally have a job again, where I am working in a small restaurant :) )  
+  there was another big happening around here, which is a secret for now, but I will tell it later.
But still, I have time for baking, since this is my favorite hobby, so now I brought a salty-sausage - filled little croissant recipe. 
Mines bursted a bit, but they were super tasty! ;)
Let's see how it was done...
Ingredients:
  • 10 g = 1 tbsp of yeast
  • 2 tbsp of milk + 1 tsp of sugar
  • 400 g = 1+ 3/5 cup of flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp of sour cream
  • 100 g = 2/5 cups of soft margarine/butter
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of cream cheese
  • -----
  • 10 frankfurter sausages
  • (1 egg
  • cheese)
Preparation:

1. Add a tsp of sugar to 2 tbsp of hot milk, and add the yeast and wait till it activates.
2. Mix everything from the first column, then add the activated yeast as well.
3. Let the pastry come up, so put it to a warm place, covered up , for about 30-40 minutes.

4. Then roll it out, and cut it up for as many slices as many croissants You would like to have. 

5. Place a half frankfurter in the middle, and roll it up.

6. Place the little rolls to a baking sheet, or lubricate margarine and sprinkle flour on a baking tray.

7. You can beat up an egg, and mix the yolk with the egg white, then lubricate the top of the croissants to make them shiny. Then You can rasp some cheese on top,but that's optional).

8. Bake it for about 40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.


I hope You like them, I really recommend baking this, it was a lovely afternoon snack.
xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment