Monday, March 10, 2014

Cottage Cheese Biscuits "Túrós pogácsa"

Hi Dears! :)
I hope You are fine, and You can enjoy the beautiful flowers around You.
 I got so pretty tulips, roses, bromeliads for women's day that our kitchen is like a fairyland now. :D
 (A lot of thanks for the gentlemen of the family and friends for that. :D) 
- I will make a photo of  them tomorrow I promise, and post it on Facebook, because now it's evening and it's too dark. -

Also, I have an even BIGGER milestone to announce!
I had my Graduation on Saturday! YAY! I made it. 3 and a half year of full of studying.
 You know, tourism and catering.  I'm now an Economist. :) 
Sounds so clever. :D
 -photo will be of me at the end of the post-
The only thing I'd like now is a great job. Cross fingers for me, pls. :D

OK, let's speak about this biscuit, it's one of my usual recipe for salty snack. The cottage cheese makes it even more soft, so I recommend using it! :)

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp of milk
  • 20 g = 1 tbsp of yeast
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 200 g = 4/5 cups of melted margarine
  • 250 g = 1 cup of cottage cheese (túró)
  • 400 g = 1 + 3/5 cup of flour
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • 1 tbsp of sour cream/creme fraiche (tejföl)
  • ----
  • 2 tbsp of melted margarine
  • 1 egg
  • salt + any toppings that you like (  I used cumin + poppy seed + paprika, but rasped cheese or sesame seeds) 

Preparation:
1. Activate the yeast in warm milk with adding 1 teaspoon of sugar. Leave it for about 5 minutes.

2. Mix the melted margarine with the cottage cheese, with 1 egg, the sour cream, with the flour, and then with the milky yeast. Mix it well, to get a nice pastry. (I used a bread baking machine to knead it, if You don't have it, don't worry. You can use the spirals in the mixer and knead it with them) 
Then wait about an hour / hour and a half to let it grow)
3. Roll it out in a floury wooden/or plastic cutting board, then lubricate it with a little melted margarine.

4. Then fold it some times, and roll it out again. You can repeat this, with lubricating margarine as many times as You wish, to get then a nice layered pastry. (But 3 times is good for a good start)

5. Cut out circles, or cut it up to get little cubes.


     Then, preheat the oven for 200 degree Celsius.

6. Mix 1 egg, and lubricate the top of the biscuits with it.

7. Decorate the top with seeds/spices or cheese. I used cumin, poppy seed and paprika.

8. Bake them for about 35-40 minutes.
Then enjoy! :D

And as I promised: here is a photo of me with my family and with my degree certificate! :D 

 xoxo: Hajni






No comments :

Post a Comment