Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cheesy snail crackers

Hello Guys! 
I hope everything is fine there! :) 
I have big news!!! So, first of all -- as You might have seen it on our Fb page -- I passed successfully my biggest exam ever - and graduation is coming! :D
 So I've become an Economist, specialized in catering and hotel management. 
I am so happy. :) And my thesis was so powerful, that I just got an invitation from another 5-star-hotel to participate in a cooking class, as a blogger! 
One of my class mate suggested me after hearing my diploma work about gastro-blogs. 

But for now, I'm looking for suitable jobs for me. It's always an exciting time, deciding what to do in the future. Where to go? 
And then apply and wait for the responses... Just exciting! :) 

Also, I have great ideas about developing this site. You will see how. :) 

And of course I bake quite a lot, and I have a lot of recipes to share, like this Cheesy Snail cracker. As I see in Your countries You usually call these something "rolls" but here we always call these rolled eatable foods "snails". However, the actual snail is not common here as a dish. And honestly, I would never try it. :) Have You eaten a real one? :)
Ingredients: 
  • 2 eggs
  • 300 g= 1 +1/5 cup of flour
  • 2 teaspoons of salt
  • 2 tbsp of milk
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 20 g= 1tbsp of yeast
  • 125 g= 1/2 cup of melted margarine
  • ----
  • a little margarine 
  • spices (grill, paprika)
  • cheese
Preparation:

  
1. Heat up the milk. Add the sugar and the yeast, and wait till it's activated.
2. Mix together the eggs with the flour, the margarine, the salt, and the activated milky yeast.

3. Make a big ball from it.

4. Roll it out, and lubricate it with extra melted margarine. You can spice it with grill spice and paprika, (but honestly with anything You would like, even with the green spices.) 

5. Then rasps some cheese on the top.

6. Then turn one side on the other, and roll it out again a bit. (In the middle there will be the spicy cheese stuffing.)


7. Cut some stripes, and roll them up to get little snails. :) 

8. You can rasp cheese on the top of it as well. 

9. Bake them for about 35-40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.


Enjoy! 

xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment