Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas checked Cookies

Hi Dears! :) 
Christmas is only 1 week ahead, so I brought one easy hand-made gift idea: checked cookies! 
In the end of the post I shared my little cutie cookie bags that I made for .... (it's a secret who will get those, maybe they read this article...) :D 
Have a wonderful time, and don't forget to listen some Christmas carols while You are preparing something as a gift. :) 
- I just found this country Christmas song, I love it! :D - 
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 250 g = 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tbsp of rum flavor
  • 140 g= 3/5 cup of melted margarine
  • 250 g of crushed biscuits/cookies (if You don't have this in your country, just crush 1 package of cookies with simple taste)
  • 160 g = 4/6 cup of flour ( I used  this time rye flour)
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1 bar of chocolate (melted)
  • 50 g = 1/5 cup of walnut powder (or crushed walnut) 

Preparation:
1. Mix the eggs with the sugar.

2. Melt the margarine, add it to the batter, and the crushed biscuits, the flour, with the baking powder.  

3. Flavor it with rum flavor. (1 tbsp)


4. Separate the pastry to 2 halves. 

5. Add the melted chocolate to one of them.

6. And add the walnut powder to the other half.

7. Knead little rolls from them.

8. Put 3 rolls together (one from each flavors). And put on it again 3 rolls, use different tastes side by side. And again. So altogether 9 rolls are together. 

9. Repeat this as many times as You have rolls. (my last one was little, 
because I only had just 3 rolls at the end.)

10. Put baking sheets on a tray. 

11. Cut slices from the rolls, and put them on the sheets.

12 Bake them for about 10-15 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.

(I decorated them with colored sugar, that I made before with food colors.)


Then I put them to little bags, I put firstly colorful crepe papers in, then some biscuits from this recipe, and some gingerbread cookies. I decorated them with bow, and Christmas stickers. :) They look cute I think. :) 
xoxo: Hajni


No comments :

Post a Comment