Monday, May 20, 2013

Little Potato Pie

Hello! :) This time I brought You a real Hungarian speciality, a salty, little potato pie, "Krumplis Laska" or "Lepényke".



That is a typical dish in 'Palóc' folk region where my mother and her relatives are endemic. :) It's in the North of Hungary, and in the South of Slovakia. 

My mother was happy, when she got her first piece of it, because the last time she had this, her grandmother made it a long time ago... 

Although the preparation is a bit longer than expected (I guess I started with too large amount of ingredients) , however the taste worth the time to make it. :) 


Ingredients:
  • 1 kg = 35  oz of potato ( cooked, peeled)
  • 0,5 kg= 18 oz of flour
  • 4 teaspoons of salt
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • oil
  • ----
  • sour cream, or kefir (fermented milk drink)
  • onion 
Preparation: 

1. Cook the potatoes in water, then peel them.

2. Mash them with a potato masher, and add as much flour as necessary ( I  used half of the amount of the potatoes) Add 3 tbsp of milk to it, and 4 tsp of salt, as well.

3. Roll it to a ball. 

4. On a wooden plank, skatter some flour on it, and cut little pieces of the roll. 

5. Then stretch them out.

6. Put one teaspoon of sunflower oil to frying pans, and like they were pancakes, fry them, each sides for some secs. (They should be good, when they have brown circles, patterns on the sides)

7. Do it with each.

8. The recipe says that You can eat it with jam. But as my mother told me, it's better with sour cream, or kefir, salt, and some slices of onion. I tried it both ways, and I prefer, too, the salty version. :)



Enjoy! :) 
xoxo: Hajni

1 comment :

  1. They remind me of Perogies..only flat... especially with the sour cream and onions..I'm going to try them...

    ReplyDelete